BENEFITS OF BREASTFEEDING FOR BABY
BREASTFEEDING IS BEST : Advantages of breastfeeding
Breast milk is the best nutrition you can give to your new born. Breast milk is the perfect food for your baby. Breastfeeding has no waste therefore good for the environment also. Breastfeeding has many health benefits. Breastfeeding should be initiated soon after the birth of your child and continue for six months…
Breast milk changes constantly to meet babies needs as according to the time of day, nursing frequency, and age of baby.
IMPORTANCE OF BREAST MILK FOR NEW BORN BABY:
1) Breast milk is available wherever and whenever your baby needs it.
2) It is always at the right temperature, clean .
3) For the first 2-4 days of your baby life, your breasts will secrete colostrum. It is a yellowish fluid rich in proteins. This colostrum is essential for the development of a healthy immune system.
4) The protein is easily digested and absorbed by the body. Colostrum has many factors that is helpful in maturation of the gut and for good digestion.
5) Breast milk contains both saturated and unsaturated fats, as well as cholesterol, an important constituent of brain and nerve tissue.
6) Special immune system protective proteins are present in breast milk to provide protection from diarrhoea, food allergies and infections. For example:
-Lactoferrin : binds to iron so unavailable to viruses and bacteria.
-Lysozymes and milk leucocytes: protection against viruses and bacteria
Secretory IgA: this is a immunoglobulin that provides protection against viruses and bacteria
Bifidus factor: help to limits the growth of disease-causing bacteria.
7) Breast milk increased resistance to infections, decreased risk of allergies and lactose intolerance
8) Breast milk is sterile and clean.
9) Breastfed infants tend to have fewer cavities and promotes the proper development of baby jaw and teeth.
10) Babies provided with breastmilk have higher IQs due to good brain development early in life.
11) Babies benefit emotionally as it promotes mother-baby bonding…