BENEFITS OF BREASTFEEDING FOR BABY
BREASTFEEDING IS BEST
Breast milk is perfect nutrition that mother can give to their new born. It should start soon after the birth of child and continue at least for six months…
IMPORTANCE OF BREAST MILK FOR NEW BORN BABY:
1) Breast milk is always clean.
2) It is always available at right temperature.
3) In the starting days of baby life, mothers breast secretes colostrum, which is yellowish fluid rich. It is rich in proteins and is very important is for strong immunity. It has many factors that is required in gut maturation and thus aids in good digestion.
4) Breast milk has both saturated and unsaturated fats and cholesterol. They are important constituent of nerve and brain tissue.
5) Immune system protective proteins in breast milk provides protection from diarrhoea and many infections. For example:
-Lactoferrin : binds to iron. Thus, viruses and bacteria not able to bind and act.
-Lysozymes and milk leucocytes provides protection against bacteria and viruses.
-Secretory IgA is a immunoglobulin that provides immunity.
-Bifidus factor helps to check the growth of disease-causing bacteria.
6) Breast milk increased resistance to infections and decreases risk of lactose intolerance
7) Babies emotionally attached to their mothers as it promotes bonding between mother and baby.