Cell quiz questions
1. Give examples of nonliving objects that are made up of cells?
Ans: Wood contains dead plant cells, house dust contains dead cells.
2. Choose correct option
The size of a cell is usually determined by its
Ans: b) diameter
3. True or false
Cells are self-sustaining and capable of replicating on their own by cell division process.
4. True or False
Humans when take birth start off as a single cell.True
5. Name the organelles that have
– two- membranes around them
– single membrane
– without membrane (naked) organelles
Ans: The organelles that have
– two-membranes around them are: mitochondria, chloroplast, plastids and nucleus.
– single membrane: golgi, endoplasmic reticulum, vacuoles and lysosomes.
– without membrane (naked) organelles: ribosomes, nucleolus and centriole
6. Name the largest cellular organelle in animals and plants
Ans: Animals: mitochondria; Plants: plastid