Class 6 civics chapter 4 question answer
Today, I am sharing class 6 civics chapter 4 question answer, key elements of democratic government. Hope it helps!
My academy offers one on one English tuition for all Primary years from Kindy through to Year 6. The English tutors will assess the learning style of the student and make sure that they are taught in a way that best suits their ability to learn, whether this is through more visual, kinesthetic or audio activities.
Give short answers for the following questions
1. Describe one of the methods by which people participate in the affairs of government.
ANSWER: People participate in the affairs of government by strikes, dharna, bandh and andolan.
2. Give any two reasons why conflicts arise in our society.
ANSWER: Conflicts arise in our society because:
(a) When interests between people collide.
(b) When they have heated argument or hurt each other.
3. Suggest two ways in which conflicts can be resolved.
ANSWER: Two ways in which conflicts can be resolved are:
4. Explain the Right to Education.
ANSWER: The Right Education states that the State shall provide free and compulsory education to all children in the age group of 6 to 14 years.
Answer the following questions
1. How did the institution of Untouchability cause inequalities in Indian society?
ANSWER: The institution of untouchability cause inequalities in Indian society by the following ways:
– Upper class people would not touch lower caste people.
– Mahatma Gandhi, BR Ambedkar fought against untouchability.
2. How do women continue to be neglected in Indian society even now?
ANSWER: Women continue to be neglected in Indian society by the following ways:
– Generally, female babies are unwelcome.
– Girl child do not get same attention as a boy in matters of diet and health care.
3. What measures have been taken by the Government of India to promote the welfare of the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes.
ANSWER: The seats for education are reserved for Scheduled Castes and the Scheduled Tribes. This helped them in their upliftment.
Article 17 abolishes Untouchability.
4. What is the significance of the Right to Equality and the Right to Freedom of Religion that the Constitution gave to the citizens of India?
ANSWER: Right to Equality guarantees equality before law and prohibits any discrimination on the basis pf caste, race, religion or sex.
Right to Freedom of Religion states that all citizens are free to practise and propagate their religion.
Value based question
Suppose you live in a slum. Every morning you see quarrels between people because of shortage of water. What can you do to resolve this conflict?
ANSWER: – I can do my best to do to educate them about water management.
– Recycle rainwater
– Improving agricultural practices.
Hope you like the class 6 civics chapter 4 question answer. To download the class 6 civics chapter 4 question answer PDF, Click on the download button above.
SUGGESTION FOR YOU: You can read question answers of other chapters too of science and social science. You can comment in comment box of the chapter and subject. I will share the ANSWER link of that chapter in comment box. Hope it may help in your studies.