Class 6 history chapter 5 questions and answers
Today, I am sharing class 6 history chapter 5 questions and answers. Early states: Kingdoms and Republics chapter. For weight loss tips read: aerobic exercise at home for weight loss
Give short answers for the following questions.
1. Name any two republics which fluorished during Buddha’s time.
ANSWER: Shakyas of Kapilavastu and Videhas of Mithila were the two republics fluorished during Buddha’s time.
2. Name any two kingdoms which grew up by 600 BC.
ANSWER: Avanti, Vatsa, Kosala and Magadha are the kingdoms grew up by 600 BC.
3. What led to a war between Kosala and Magadha soon after Ajatashatru’s succession to kingship?
ANSWER: Bimbisara ruled over Magadha. He married Kosaladevi of Kosala and received town of Kasi as dowry. Ajatashatru, son of Bimbisara was the ruler of Magadha after Bimbisara death.
After Kosaladevi’s death, her brother confiscated the town of Kasi. This led to a war between Kosala and Magadha.
4. What is meant by the term Mahajanapada?
ANSWER: Mahajanapada were the large kingdoms that were ruled by kings whose powers were extremely large. There were 16 Mahajanapadas in the 6th century.
5. What do you know about the administration of the Republic of the Shakyas?
ANSWER: The shakya republic lay on the border of nepal and Indian territory. The administrative and judicial business of the republic was carried on the
6. Give any two reasons why Magadha grew into powerful kingdom in the period around 600 BC.
ANSWER: Two reasons why Magadha grew into powerful kingdom:
– It had fertile plains which gave boost to agriculture. The rulers received land revenueand other taxes. The income from taxes was used to maintain vast armies.
– Magadha has forests that provide timber which could be used for making carts, chariots and houses.
7. What was ashvamedha ceremony?
ANSWER: Ashvamedha ceremony was a horse sacrifice ceremony of vedic religion. In this ceremony, horse was set free to wander in the other kingdoms. If horse was allowed to pass in any kingdom, then it means Raja of that kingdom accepts ashvamedha ceremony and gave him many gifts at the time of ceremony.
Answer the following questions.
1. How is a republic different from a monarchy?
2. Explain the economic life of the Mahajanapadas.
ANSWER: (a) Agriculture and cattle-rearing were their main occupations. In agriculture, they start using ploughshare.
(b) Barter system was inconvenient, thus money was introduced. Simple coins made of copper and silver with punch marks was popular.
(c) Cities had grown into busy commercial centres. Kaushambi and Tamralipti were important river ports.
3. Discuss the position of the King in Magadh. Who had a place of eminence in his Council of Ministers?
ANSWER: The occupy the high position in the society, they were called as kshatriyas. He was very powerful and was regarded as God. King was the executive and judicial head of the state.
The rajpurohita and senapati had a place of eminence in his council of ministers.
4. What steps were taken by Bimbisara to strengthen his position?
ANSWER: Bimbisara strengthen his position through conquests and marriage relations.
– He conquered Anga, the region to the east of Magadha.
– He married Kosaladevi of Kosala and received town of Kasi as dowry. He married Chellana, daughter of Vaisali ruler.
– He maintained friendly relations with Avanti and Gandhara.
Hope you like the class 6 history chapter 5 questions and answers. To download the class 6 history chapter 5 questions and answers PDF, Click on the download button above. class 6 history chapter 5 questions and answers
SUGGESTION FOR YOU: You can read question answers of other chapters too of science and social science. You can comment in comment box of the chapter and subject. I will share the ANSWER link of that chapter in comment box. Hope it may help in your studies.