Lemon contains more sugar than strawberries
– Lemons contains carbohydrates and water. Carbohydrates composed of fibers and sugars ( glucose, fructose and sucrose).
– Lemon contains 70% sugar and strawberry contain 40% sugar.
– Lemon tastes sour even it contains more sugar because of the high amount of citric acid that do not dominates the sweet taste and thus lemon is sour in taste.
– The strawberry contains no acid therefore it results in sweet taste.
– The fiber present in lemon is pectin that slow down the sugars and starch digestion and thus lowers blood glucose level. It also improves the metabolic rate of the body and thus helps in weight reduction.