Types of tissue or organ transplantation
Asked By .
Replied by Admin
Tissue or Organ transplantation is defined as the movement of tissue or organ from one place to another.
HLA which is called as Human Leucocyte associated Antigens or proteins should be matched between the donor and the recipient tissue before the grafting. HLA is a group of 6 antigens out of 150 and these antigens are different in different individuals. Identical twins have similar HLA.
Types of grafts:
1. Autograft: It is type of grafting which is done in same individual but in different place.
Example: Grafting of skin from thigh to burnt skin.
2. Isograft: It is defined as type of grafting which is done in two individuals of same genotypes such as in identical twins.
3. Allograft: It is defined as type of grafting which is done in two individuals of different genotypes but of same species.
4. Xenograft: In this type, grafting is done in between two individuals of different species. There is maximum chances of tissue rejection in this case.
Therefore, order of tissue rejection from minimum to maximum are as follows:
1) Same individual (Autograft) 2) Identical twin (Isograft) 3) Different individuals (Allograft) 4) Different species (Xenograft)
- 05 Jun 2021 @ 08:44